If you’re looking to spend some quality time with the people you love, it can be a challenge. Finding something that everyone likes to do can be tricky. Well, here are 3 fun things to do with family at home, and finding something that everyone loves can be as simple as choosing one.
Share a Project
If you are looking for fun things to do with the family at home, find a project you can all do together. It can be something in any size.
- Small: Have the whole family put together a puzzle. Put on some music and have a good time and great conversation.
- Medium: Bake something. Make cookies, brownies, or even a meal!
- Large: Build something together like a playhouse, a desk, or a website. Check out my video for details.
Enjoy a Scavenger Hunt
I know it’s no surprise that I would offer a scavenger hunt as an idea for fun things to do with the family at home. After all, it’s what I do. But you don’t just have to use the AweVenture app to create a fun location-based scavenger hunt in seconds. Here are a few other options you can do to make the day more fun.
- Find the Ingredients: Plan an afternoon to make cookies together, but first hide the ingredients and leave clues on where to find them.
- Upgrade Chores: If the kids have to do chores, give each one a clue to a reward, just for fun. This teaches your kids how to make chores a game, much like the next item.
- Pick Up Power: Are the kids struggling to keep their rooms clean? Put 5 clues under 5 random items on the floor. Once they have all 5 clues they will be able to do something special. The catch is whenever they pick up an item, they have to put it away.
Take It Easy
When you’re thinking of fun things to do with the family at home, sometimes the best things to do are simply to do nothing. It’s easy to do and can create memories that last a lifetime.
- Read Together: Whether you read to your kids or everyone reads their own books, reading together can be a great way to enjoy time together.
- Laugh Together: Watch a funny movie, tell jokes together, or just listen to a favorite comedian. Laughter is a great way to enjoy a day.
- Enjoy the Silence: Sometimes watching the sunset, looking up at the stars, or just curling up under a blanket with a warm cup of cocoa is a great way to to spend an afternoon.
There are all kinds of fun things to do with the family at home. All you need to do is pick one and have a blast!